You don’t have to go far to read about the complexities of being non-compliant with GDPR principles. “Explicit Consent”, “Personal Data”, “Sensitive Personal Data”, “Appropriate Security Measures”, “Standard Contractual Clauses”, “Privacy Shield”, “Data Controller” and “Data Processor” are all terms frequently encountered when discussing the GDPR. While all terms are worthy in their goals, they can prove tedious and difficult to decipher for businesses.
Cunningham Solicitors is uniquely placed from a legal and technical perspective to help your organisation demystify these concepts and take control of its obligations under the GDPR.
Compliance starts with understanding the data protection legal regime and where your organisation’s business processes fit within that regime. The key to compliance is understanding what is required. For example, with the increase in IT outsourcing, controller/processor agreements are crucial to being and compliant with the GDPR.
• GDPR Compliance
• ePrivacy Regulation Compliance
• When to appoint a data protection officer
• Data retention obligations
• Data Controller and Data Processor Agreements
• Cookies Policy
• Data transfers outside of the EU
• Data Breach including reporting
• Drafting data protection policies and processes
• Electronic communication and marketing
• Security due diligence
• Data subject access requests
• GDPR due diligence when working with a new or existing business partner
• Data privacy impact assessment statements
• Contractual data protection clauses to protect your business
• Data protection assessments and audits